Consultant Surgical Oncologist
- MCh (Surgical Oncology) - Tata Memorial Cancer Center, Mumbai
- MS (General Surgery) - Govt. Kilpauk Medical College & Hospital, Chennai
- MBBS - St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore
Dr. Ajay Varun Reddy has over 7 years of experience in surgical departments at leading hospitals in India. Having completed his initial general surgical training, he pursued super specialization in advanced surgical oncology (including thoracic, gastrointestinal and gynecologic oncology) at the prestigious and world-renowned Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai--the largest referral center for cancer care in India.
His current field of interest is in minimally invasive thoracic oncology, GI oncology including peritoneal surface malignancies. His work also involves vast experience in treating advanced gynecologic malignancies including aggressive cytoreductive surgeries, en-bloc resections for complex pediatric malignancies including retroperitoneal neuroblastomas/sarcomas, and oncoplastic surgeries for breast cancer.
Core Competence & Special Interests
- Esophageal Cancer – VATS and 3-Field approaches
- Minimally Invasive Lung Metastasectomies
- Advanced Gynecologic Malignancies—Cytoreductive Surgeries & Nerve Sparing Radical Hysterectomies
- Breast Cancers—Breast Conservative Surgeries & Oncoplastic Breast Surgeries
- HPB Oncology—Radical Cholecystectomies & Major Hepatectomies
- Complex Retroperitoneal Sarcomas—En-bloc and multivisceral compartment resections